Many of our breeders may not only be missing out on the social aspect of show season but also the pre-show preparations so the Beltex Sheep Society will be hosting a number of online shows to allow members to show off their stock from home.
This is a bit of light-hearted fun but there will be prize cards and money on offer – £10 for 1st place, £7 for 2nd place and £5 for 3rd place as well as £25 for Champion and £15 for Reserve.
These online shows are in place of the major shows reported on by the Society throughout the year and have been spread across the regions. Please read and adhere to the guidelines below before submitting your entries.
Major shows included are:
12 Jun Royal Three Counties Show (English National Show)
19 Jun Royal Highland Show
25 Jun Balmoral Show (new date due to rescheduled cancellations)
14 Jul Great Yorkshire Show
18 Jul Penrith Progeny Show
20 Jul Royal Welsh Show
25 Jul Royal Cornwall Show (new date due to rescheduled cancellations)
As well as National Shows (exhibitors MUST be a member of the relevant club to take part):
12 Jun English National Show at Royal Three Counties Show
13 Jun Welsh National at Aberystwyth and Ceredigion Show
4 Jul Irish National at Omagh Show
1 Aug Scottish National at Perth Show
- Entries must be relevant to the current show season, i.e. a ewe lamb entry must have been born in 2020
- Classes will include aged ram, shearling ram, ram lamb, aged ewe, shearling ewe and ewe lamb
- Entries may be dressed or shown naturally, that is up to the exhibitor
- Please only enter shows you would typically or geographically enter. For example, a Northern Club member may show at the Royal Highland and Great Yorkshire shows, but it is unlikely they would compete at Balmoral or Royal Cornwall
- You may submit up to three photos or one video up to 30 seconds per entry, please try to avoid people or signs in submissions to keep entries anonymous for judging. All entries will be revealed at close of entry
- No professional photographs will be allowed, such as photos of rams taken at sales, and photos/videos must have been taken recently, so no pictures of a February-born lamb taken in April when they may look sweeter. You may use the same images/videos to enter more than one show
- Entries will close three days before the show date in order to give time to collate the sections. If entering more than one show, please state which shows. Please keep posted throughout the season for reminders
Please send your photo/video entries to Kayley Kennedy via WhatsApp on 07375 563809 (preferred option) or email firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be compiled into videos before being presented for judging. When entering you must include your name, flock name, which show and which class as well as tag number of entry.
There will be no entry fee for these shows but exhibitors may instead send a donation to the Society which will then be passed on to RABI or RSABI to support fellow farmers.